Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Whopping Surprise!


I decided to take a drive late this afternoon, while Keith slept. 
He had a hard day. 


Bees, flies and butterflies were still working sunflowers along the road. 


The goldenrod is so pretty, but Keith is so allergic to it! 


The creeks are high and flowing fast... we had 8 - 9 inches of rain in the last two days, and 
expect more tomorrow. 


Fall colors are everywhere. 


I saw these three girls as I drove up a gravel road. 


They did not like me stopping. 


I wish I had had the longer lens on, but I had put the medium on for a purpose. 


Don't look now, but THIS is where the Big Ditch WAS. 

The rock wall.... is right up to the discharge pipe at the edge of the road.  The ditch was behind it. 
Look what they have created. 


Saturday when I went to church, there were hundreds of kildeer there.  There were still many tonight. 


It is not deep, but wide. 


And to the east side is this.... it's like a place for water to come off Stranger Creek and fill the basin. 


There is a rock channel in the middle... and birds were perched all over it, they 
were not kildeer, but I could not see with that lens.  I'm going back tomorrow with the long lens


There were kildeer everywhere. 

On my way back, I saw four deer in the meadow again, but the second I stopped, all hit the woods. 

I did not see a turkey anywhere. 

I like these changes in the Big Ditch! 

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ... d'ya think they are actually creating a wetland habitat??? That would be a lovely turnaround from the concern!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about seeing deer in the wild, beautiful
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think the animals and birds like it too! We had the hottest and driest summer on record. No water around here!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful day for picture taking and a very nice surprise too. It is definitely beginning to look like fall !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made my day!!! :-D How's Keith?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well good. Still a place for water and the wildlife to gather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful photos of nature ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!