Monday, March 21, 2016

Look Who's Back

Saturday, I showed you a terrible picture of the hawk on the nest. 

Here is a better one. 

I meant to take the long lens, hopefully, tomorrow, I'll 
have a chance to run over there in the afternoon when the light is good. 


There are two birds in the nest.  I am guessing that's the male on the right. 

I pulled forward a little. 


See them now? 

I am taking the long lens tomorrow... they are far away across a field. 


Even as far away as I was, the male took off. 


Leaving mama guarding the eggs.  

I'll remember that, and park farther down the road. 


Spring is coming to the Stranger Creek bluffs! 


6 comments:

  1. I think baby hawks are in the future. Beautiful birds.

    Can't wait to see the new pics with the long lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you found the nest and hopefully you'll have lots of fun watching them. Maybe even get to see some babies eventually. I love the picture of Spring at the creek. Such a peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what beautiful wild birdies! I bet they will be wonderful parents and hopefully we can see the chickies.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those are SUPER pictures of the Hawks and the nest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. We never saw a baby hawk
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell your mom if she climbs a tree next to the nest she can get an even better photo BOL! Then YOu get a photo of her doing it! Nice photos!

    Your Back-From-Vacation Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!