Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Week, Day Two

Our last nice day, I'm afraid, for five or six days. 


I have shown you this male alpaca before... he is 
down the road from us.  He is so beautiful in the sun! 


The sun made the grasses glow. 


There is an almost-white squirrel at Basehor City Park... I have tried numerous times to 
get it's picture.  It ran from the sun to a shady spot as I grabbed the camera.  I'll keep trying. 


You know I love old barns.  It hurts me to see people just let them fall apart. 

You can still see the stalls in this one. 


This is Peppa Lass's first birthday.  She posts on the internet almost daily... at 
Denman's Critters, on Facebook. 

She cracks me UP.  I love her, and I don't know how they get her to 
hold still for her costume changes.  Last night, she was enjoying smores. 

She is a Goat with Personality! 

Today, I had lunch with some of my high school classmates.  If any of you 
are reading this... thanks for inviting me, and darned if we don't all 
look GREAT.  


I ran to the grocery after dark tonight, because of this: 


Oh, yes. That was our dinner... chuck steak and potatoes. 
I sat down and started looking at Facebook... thank God I realized it was burning (finally).  No smoke alarm went off, so we will be checking on that. 

I ran and got Chinese, and on the way back, I saw the Christmas lights shown above... the first house in our neighborhood. 


We had a beautiful sunset. 


And a gorgeous full moon.  The weathermen say we will not see the sun 
for at least five days, so the dogs and I will walk early tomorrow, before 
any rain begins to fall. 

Are you all starting your Thanksgiving dinners? 


7 comments:

  1. We have a few black squirrels in town, but no white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to see the moon last night but today is a clear on so I should see it tonight. Here Wednesday and Thursday are to be nice with temps in the upper 50's. The llama and the goat are precious. As was your sunset. Happy Thanksgiving Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great barn! Yep... makes me sad that it is going to ruin too.
    I suppose no one needs or uses old barns like that anymore...~sigh~.

    Wishing you and your a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and Stanley would eat burned meat cuz mom never cooks meat. We knew some goats before and we got butted!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, and wow the moon! Fantastic!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures except for dinner. I'm guessing you will need a new cooking pot too!

    Hope you had a great holiday and your weather is not too bad. It's been raining here a few days but no complaints, yet, from me.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!