Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lucking on Some Good Photos




Despite choking dust these last few days, I managed to get 
a few good photos. 


This has been such a banner year for bunnies, and I am still seeing lots. 


I still take such pleasure from sitting on the deck and watching the wild birds at the old house. 


There was a Fed Ex truck in that cloud.  



In the last week, I realized I am seeing fewer and fewer of my friends the Turkey vultures. 

They do not stay here during the winter. 

Then, last night, I was maybe a half-mile from home with the dogs, and on a busy street which, for once, was empty of traffic... I was able to stop and take a picture of a lone vulture sitting in a tree by the road. 





Today dawned cloudy, and ended up storming. 

I saw some beautiful things on the way to the old house, though. 


The rain settled the gravel dust for a while.  I drive by this field daily, and they just cut the hay in it a few days ago.  Do you see the landing strip?  It was hidden by the hay.  Notice it is trimmed down nicely, and has landing lights.  I have never seen a plane land or take off on it. 


Mr. Bluebird was back. 


And Miss Woodpecker. 


Lilly was surveying her domain after the rains. 


On the way to the old house, I saw something in a field.  I stopped the car and backed up. 

Look whom was watching me! 


On the way back, I saw a bird sitting on a hay bale next to the 
landing strip, and I knew it wasn't a crow. 

It was a juvenile red tail! 

I just barely got a couple of pictures of him as I stopped the car... and

then my eye caught something on the ground. 


I missed the huge leaps and bounds, doggone it. 


She stopped to look at me. 


I saw our friend in the pond on the way home, too. 

It was a good two days for photos! 

12 comments:

  1. You really did get a whole bunch of wonderful photos!! Your camera has a quick eye!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where my three turkey vultures disappeared to! Thanks for another enter-cational post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! i love the one of lilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did have a good day for sure. I love how you keep your eyes out for a good picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You saw all kinds of nature!!!! You have a great eye.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. great captures, you got a lot of wonderful wildlife pics. Lily is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Mom would be out there all the time looking for birds and wildlife
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Ann,

    I love all your pictures, so much beautiful wildlife out where you used to live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures!
    Love those turkey vultures!

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really good snapshots of so many of the wildlife, and great of Lilly too, and I know she's almost human, not wild!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super pics!
    Glad for the rain, plants needed the moisture.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos. So glad I came across your blog this morning. I'm going to enjoy following you all the way from our Aussie farm.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!