Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Stormy Night

As I write this, Keith is trapped in the truck, listening to the All KU channel (I'm laughing here) and I am in here with four very nervous dogs.  Abby is the only one that doesn't seem to be bothered by the thunder and lightening, and the hail that has been hitting the windows off and on.  I'm typing fast, hoping to get the post finished before the satellite stops receiving again.

I was asked last night in comments what kind of tomatoes that Keith had planted in the hoop house... they are Park's Whopper, Early Girl, Big Boy, and the cherry tomato Huskey.  Tonight he brought home some pepper plants, but I have not seen them yet.  I guess my peppers are going to go outside!

He also brought home a lovely simple potting bench from Ace Hardware, and it is put together and in the hoop house already.  One thing we know for sure.. we now have a place to keep our tools together, and to keep stacks of dirt, etc. out of the elements.  It will be interesting to see in the light of day how the plastic held up in the hailstorm just now.

Faithful Lilly Ann walked me to the gate this morning.

Lilly has Maybelline eyes. 
She also patrols the property during the day (and nights, now, too) while Ranger stays in the house with the little girls.  His hips are too bad to risk his running up and down the fence line.  When Lilly barks, we know there is something to look at... whereas Ranger barks at everything.


Currently blooming at Calamity Acres.


4 comments:

  1. It's going to be awhile before our tulips blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Ann, hope the storms and hail didn't do any damage at your home. We had some thunder and rain here, nothing too severe. I wish the rains would let up now, we've had enough for awhile. Your tulips look pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary Ann.. hope that the hoop house didn't sustain any damage!
    Sounds like you've planted a great variety of tomatoes.
    We are weeks out from getting any planting done.
    But, I'm sure looking forward to that day when we can dig in the earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful girl. I hate bad weather.

    We've planted early girl, marion and a few creole tomatoes
    Have 2 japanese eggplants in the ground right now too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!