Monday, August 15, 2011

Spider Webs

Saturday, while doing chores... I saw a couple of spider webs in the porch of the big henhouse, and stopped to snap pictures of them.  When I came back five minutes later, the sun was shining in on them, and they had turned to crystal.

The spider is in the middle of this one.



This one actually was getting drips on it from the hose connection.  I would think this would be a pretty precarious place for a web, but they all looked beautiful in the sunlight.

I used this as the picture of the day yesterday, but it was so tiny you couldn't see it.  It's Keith and me at the gate of Community America Ballpark, at the game Saturday night. It's a new favorite picture of mine.  Since we got there early, we asked the ticket-taker to take it for us, and he obliged. 

We went an hour and a half early, and I took along a country decor catalog and a flower catalog to read.... but we ended up watching batting practice instead, and people-watching... it was a LOT of fun!  At least I wasn't in my charming chore clothes!

5 comments:

  1. Those spider web pictures are great! I've had those garden spiders appear everywhere in the last week or so also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day at the ball park. I would love to go someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you and Keith!

    So nice of the ticket taker to help you out.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really clever, those spiders, all that intricate work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv looking at the designs those spiders make.

    LOL...I have one in the corner of the bathroom that I've been letting stay there. She's catching all kind of flying things.

    You and Keith look good together!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!