Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One Last Word ...

about Independence, that is!

I stopped downtown on the square to eat at Clinton's. This was the soda fountain where President Truman first worked as a 15 year old boy, and I had a lovely bowl of chili while I looked at a memorial wall with pictures of the President.  There was no other business, it was such a cold and windy day, but it was a great ending to my day of seeing my son and looking at the beautifully dressed mansions.

Not a creature was stirring, just me!
Soda fountain where the future president worked!

And with that, that's the end of Independence for this Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely beautiful photos of the mansions. And it's so cool that that soda fountain is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those soda fountains usually have the BEST food too!

    luv doritos with my chili also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- what a neat place, Mary Ann!! And a big bowl of chili sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!