Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Tree is Lit

One tree is lit, anyway.  Today was the Tongie Tree-Lighting Ceremony.  They held it early this year, and on a weekend, since the weeknight ceremonies weren't well-attended.  Preceding it was a scavenger hunt through downtown merchants, and carol-singing, and cameraderie.  Grandson Nathan and I got in for the last hour of it, after I met his mom to pick him up.  We waited in the rapidly-descending temps while the crowd grew and a singer came out and serenaded us.  It was fun, and treats were being sold so it made it even MORE fun. 

Before the ceremony.


Homemade Moon Pies, YUMMMM

Santa and Mrs. Claus arrived by horse-drawn wagon.

Nathan wanted to pet Santa's horse with jingle bells on.

Of course, by the time the lights came on, so many people were in front of us, I couldn't get a good picture of the tree.  I'll go back down during the season and get a better one.

1 comment:

I love comments!