Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Christmas Show

Today was the date for the annual Craft Show at a local High School, and another at a local church in a small town near us.  My sister called me yesterday, and told me she was interested in going with me for the first time.  We slept in a little this morning (since I have overslept twice this week!) and met at 10:30 to go in one car to the shows.  At the first, I found some wonderful things to give as courtesy gifts for Christmas to some friends I want to remember.  At the second, we found lovely things we bought for ourselves and to give as gifts. 
When we came in the door, we were greeted immediately by Christmas decor.

My sister was stunned at the multitude of crafters.


From those who made the most wonderful creations from recycled clothing...

From recycled hymnals

to recycled old sleds...

To darling little girl's purses that Kathleen found for her precious little grandaughter, Caitlin Rose, made from recycled jeans and bits of ribbons and boas.

And Welcoming Little Snowmen!

After we left the craft show, we ate at a local restaurant, where we had a pleasant meal and visited.

BUT HERE IS THE REASON I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR MY WONDERFUL DAY....
MY DEAR SISTER IS SURVIVING CANCER AND WAS ABLE TO GO OUT WITH ME AND HAVE A GOOD TIME, A YEAR AFTER DIAGNOSIS AND TWO HUGE OPERATIONS.... SO GOD IS GOOD TO US AND GAVE US MORE TIME TOGETHER... AND FOR THAT I AM
TRULY THANKFUL!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your sister is doing better. That baby llama is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you and your sister had such a good time. Also glad that your sister is doing well. God is good and prayer is a wonderful thing. Mary G.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!