Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beautiful Glassware




I admit it, I love dishes and glassware. This house here at Calamity Acres is so small, there is no where to stash my lovely belongings... but I still covet them! The auction was like a technicolor dream of carnival and depression glass... blues, greens, ambers, every color of pink you could imagine, and I reveled in seeing it. Some went high, but an amber biscuit jar came home with me, to sit on the table and hold candy and cookies. I loved that the lady had marked each thing she had bought with the name of the sale, the date, and the price she paid. I'm going to do it in the future, so that one day, people coming to my estate sale will know that these things were loved and left for someone to cherish in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!